Some suggestions please.

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 10 19:53:35 EDT 2001

For printer setup, make sure you have the Ghostscript, Ghostscript fonts,
and Apsfilter packages installed.  Then, go to /usr/lib/apsfilter and
execute setup as root.  It lets you pick your printer from several lists.
You'd be surprised to find what printers are supported.  Oh, and to make
life easy, before you run setup, delete /etc/printcap and
/etc/printcap.orig.  This will force the setup script to create a fresh
copy of the printcap file and you will  find things go easier.  There is
also cdparano for ripping audio from CDs, but I don't know much about it
as I haven't played with it much.  Hope this helps.