Some suggestions please.

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Mon Sep 10 19:09:17 EDT 2001

Hello, list. I am sure all of you have gone through this before, but since I
am now taking Linux more serious now that I have a working slackware 8.0
machine I am looking for a list of the following speech friendly apps.

does anyone know of any good MP3 players and encoders?
Does anyone know of any good wav file recorders?
Are there any OCR apps for the Linux shell that work with speakup?
Also how do you get a printer setup and configured under Slackware 8. Any
special suggestions of printers.
I realize my HP ink jet probably is out, but I still have an Epson LQ570
from ages past I can put on the parallel port for Linux if I have too.
Also I've heard there is a rc file for lynx that will number the links on a
web page. If someone can point me to this I'll try it out.