a few things

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Sep 6 17:56:55 EDT 2001

Yes, many more devices are supported under 2.4 kernels.

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Chris Schulte wrote:

> Although they got the system finally working it brings up a point about
> different bioses and lilo.  I had Redhat 6.2 running with Speakup on a duel
> boot system with windows 98 and JFW for speech, but Redhat was installed on
> a seperate hard drive, and it is a forty-five gig drive. It worked just
> fine, as far as booting went, the problem was the abaility to mount anything
> other then the cd rom, after my braille lite blew up, I haven't been ablt to
> install redhat 7.1, which I have downloaded from Bill's site, but once I get
> a working synth, I'll do so, and I expect no problems running a duel boot
> system using lilo as the system manager, and having Lynux on that forty-five
> gig drive.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp