a few things

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Thu Sep 6 15:40:04 EDT 2001

Sounds like an interesting configuration indeed.  I thought a number of the
linux directories such as /usr, bin, etc should be all in the same partition
as utilities would be needed from there in order to complete mounting of the
other partitions.  I am thinking more in the lines of creating a little 10
to 20 meg linux partition to only contain stuff necessary for booting (like
a lilo boot disk) and then have a root=/dev/hda2 or whatever and that
partition could contain the rest - my complete root file system.  I think I
will give this a try tonight; hey, what have I got to lose but some data I
just recently installed:).