redhat 7.1/speakup images

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Sep 2 14:39:44 EDT 2001

Hi, Jim:

OK. Two things:

First, which you may not want to hear, Redhat is now at 7.1.94 and they're
There's a directory on the first disc image called images. This contains
floppy boot images and drivers disks that you can create with dd in linux
or rawrite in dos. Rawrite is in the dos_utils directory, if you need to
use that. If you do use rawrite, remember to kill your screen reader
during the writing process as it can corrupt the floppy being written--and
do the write from outside of Windows, just for good measure, like a
shutdown to ms dos, for example, or a native dos boot.

PS: Current redhat is 7.1.94 and Bill has it at octothorp under roswell.
What's cool about it is that ext3 is now available.
 On Wed, 29 Aug
2001, Jim Ruby wrote:

> Hi, I went to:
> speakup.octothorp.org and looked in the pub/redhat 7.1 directory and downloaded the three images there along with the two speakup files there.
>
> Is there a way to startup this up in dos instead of booting off the cdrom as my cmos is not setup to boot of the rom yet.  I will be using the double talk lt and I would like to try it with the double talk pc with my triple talk
> and see if it will find it, but I doubt it.  I will be hooking up the lt on com 1.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp