Setting up a duel boot system?

Doug Lawlor dlawlor at roadrunner.nf.net
Tue Oct 30 22:36:59 EST 2001

Thanks to all for the information on the duel boot setup.  I think setting
the swap on one disk and Linux on another is a cool idea.  Incidentally I
got a second 7200 RPM drive instead of the 5400 I was going to get.  When I
went to install it I find out that the slide brackets included with this
Dell Dimension L system do not seem to line up with the screw holes in the
drive.  I always was under the impression that all 3.5 inch drive bays were
the same.  It is not the drive bay that seems to be the problem but the
bracket/clip things that fit onto the drive and slide into the bay.  If I
could get the right clips I would have no trouble installing the
thing.  Can other clips be purchased? I am trying to mount the drive into
the 3.5 inch bay under by 5.25 bay.  The bay is meant for an external drive
but I never new until today that this would make a difference.  I guess it
may be time to go and post a message to Dell.

Doug