help for a newbie

Danny Keogh dwkeogh at optushome.com.au
Fri Oct 26 02:47:33 EDT 2001

Ok guys after a bit of mucking around I've decided to go the the Debian
linux distribution but I've run into a pretty major problem.  I have no
idea what to download to get speakup up and running.  I've tried using Matt
Campbell's look at linux series to get started but obviously since that was
made there's been a few changes to the linux-speakup.org ftp site and
nothing seems to be documented.

So my question is what do I download.  There's nothing on that site to
indicate which boot disk is for a doubletalk internal or any other
synthesizer.  They all seem to have really helpfull names like Base-10.bin
or something incredibly useless like that.  The kernal files Matt was
talking about don't seem to exist in any form.  When I try to get to the
disks using the web site I get a 404 error because it's linking to a non
existant index file.
If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Danny Keogh
ICQ:  72503517
mailto:dwkeogh at optushome.com.au