turning cds into mp3 format.

Jason unleet at qwest.net
Thu Oct 25 22:27:49 EDT 2001

I'd suggest a google search for a program called "LAME" or "NotLAME" for the
MP3 ecoding part, it's a command line utility, and looks like it'd be mostly
synth-friendly, besides being (n)curses-based and using internet-style
"smileys" for the status output.

and as said before, cdparanoia is great for the "rip" part of the process, I
managed to figure it out in less than 5 minutes.