help setting up samba

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Oct 23 10:15:19 EDT 2001

Actually, when I set up samba, I never set up any additional user-id /
passwords. I just told samba to use the unix user authentication methods.
I agree that reading the samba howto would be good advice and also reading
the config file in completeness will tell a lot too as there are good
comments inside the file. I'm referring to the sample configuration file
that typically comes with the samba package on most installations. A good
start is to rename this sample config file to /etc/smb.conf. The two samba
servers, smbd and nmbd look to this file.