DSL Providors

Rodney Clowdus rclowdus at kcnet.com
Mon Oct 22 13:01:19 EDT 2001

Just wondering Kirk if the broadband firewall is better than the software
firewall that I activated when I installed Suse linux.  I did not know
what a firewall was until I found linux and til you mentioned the
broadband firewall I was under the assumption that a firewall was basicly
a software.  At the local linux meetings I attend I hear the folks talk
about firewall with a passion.  Next time I'll ask them if they are
talking about software firewall or hardware firewall.  I guess it's about
time I learn about this firewall thing.  I was wondering also how can I
test to see if my software firewall is working or not.  Do I give
permission for another hacker to try and break into my computer?  This
string sure has been educational thus far.
Rodney

The Weaving Beaver
rclowdus at kcnet.com
"Chop your own firewood and it will warm you twice."
"Weave your own cloth and it will reward you twice."