email addresses

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Oct 21 19:14:43 EDT 2001

Rodney Clowdus said the following on Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:54:40PM -0500:
> 	You mentioned something that I did not know about.  E-mail alias?
> I just happen to be one of those who never heard of it.  Maybe you can
> point me in the right direction.

Sure.  There are providers such as bigfoot and pobox which don't
actually hold and store the email for you rather they forward it to your
real address.  For example if I have raul at pobox.com I give out that
address to everyone who cares to have it.  I tell pobox.com to send any
email to raul at hotmail.com.  Then let's say I grow a brain and realize
that hotmail sucks and I want to get a real address like
raul at asmodean.net but I've already told everyone about raul at pobox.com
then I just tell pobox to redirect the email instead of raul at hotmail.com
to raul at asmodean.net.  Bigfoot and pobox are two that come to mind that
do this.  Bigfoot is free and I think pobox charges but you would have
to check.  There are others as well that will do this.  You can call it
aliasing, forwarding, redirecting, etc, in any case that is what it is.