pretty easy question

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Tue Oct 16 09:42:26 EDT 2001

I remember doing an fdformat first when I wrote to floppies but this brings
up an interesting question, When trying to create a slackware compatible
boot disk recently, I used fdformat, on /dev/fd0u1680 so I could get the
higher capacity;. I could read the files I wrote to it but I could never
boot with it. I wonder if this superformat gets around some of this somehow.
The bottom line here is when formatting floppies greater than 1440K, I could
not read them by subsequently mounting /dev/fd0 but only with /dev/fdu1680
or whatever the size. Upon booting however, I could not get the u1680 to
happen.