Numpad problems

Tim Burgess tim.burgess at blazie.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 10:18:26 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm unable to use all of the numpad functions in SpeakUp.  The symptoms are
as follows:

1 - Pressing the previous/next/current keys generate no output except when I
reach a screen edge, at which point  I get the appropriate message;

2 - Pressing the "-" key says park/unpark, as expected;

3 - Pressing NumLock announces the key status, as expected.

I first noticed this behaviour on Slackware 7.1 with SpeakUp 0.09 and a
Braille 'n Speak.  I was about to upgrade anyway, so ignored the problem.
I'm now getting exactly the same when booting from a Slackware 8 boot/root
disk set created from speakup.i and color.gz.  I've tried selecting the U.S.
key map and I've also tried skipping the key map selection.

Any ideas?

Tim Burgess
Technical Support
Voice:  +44 (0)1827 716000