trplayer and audio permissions

Brian Borowski brianb at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Oct 12 07:21:06 EDT 2001

The simplest solution to the permissions problem, is just to add yourself
into the appropriate group.  Do that, by just editing the /etc/group file,
and adding your username at the end of the line for that group; that is the
most secure way, and the method that will cause you least problems.  If you
were, for example to change permissions for these devices to something
else, then in the future, apply some upgrade, the permissions might get set
back to defaults, and you'd be disabled from using the audio devices again.
I have used the add-to-group method for years, and have had no problems.

Brian Borowski