trplayer and audio permissions

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Oct 10 11:16:39 EDT 2001

Hi Rodney -

I am also using the sblive card. Before recently upgrading to Slackware
8.0 and upgrading my alsa drivers, I also used Slackware 7.1 with an older
set of alsa drivers, and my system worked fine in that configuration too,
without messing with groups or permissions, other than whatever the alsa
installation script did on my behalf.

It is a great card, to be sure. I wish it had a simpler set of features to
set, but I suppose some day I will be grateful for the complexity.

Chuck