SB Live in Linux?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Oct 9 01:25:33 EDT 2001

Hello all.  This is not directly related to Speakup but I was hoping
someone could help.  Is it possible to get a Sound Blaster Live to work
under Linux?  I got my AWE 64 working, but I do not think it was plug and
play.  How would I even begin to set this up in Linux, or is it
impossible?  I think I need a sound package or something, right?  I am
running Slackware 8.0 and kernel 2.2.19.  (I know there are newer kernels,
but I am not confident enough to try compiling one yet.)  Thanks to anyone
for any help.