Speakfreely (fwd)

Ari Moisio armoi at sci.fi
Mon Oct 8 14:53:47 EDT 2001

Hi!

  Sorry if this is of-topic here.
  And sorry if this is duplicate, previous post didn't apperan in ther
archive.

  Has anybody else looked any way to control sfmike via signals, like
sigusr1 to talk, sigusr2 for pause. I looked the code but it seems to be
not trivial to modify keyboard reading routines (at least with my C
skills:-( ).

  Reason for this is to use mouse key as an ptt button and thus releasin
keyboard for other tasks. I've looked sources of mev (part of ggpm
package) and it might be
possible to make program witch will kill() given signal to given pid on
mouse key press/release.

--
Mr. Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 7, 41160 Tikkakoski, +358-40-5055239
ari.moisio at iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/arimo PGP-keyID: 0x3FAF0F05