Comment

Tim Burgess tim.burgess at blazie.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:10:36 EDT 2001

Hi Steve,

Hear, hear!

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca [mailto:speakup-admin at braille.uwo.ca]On
Behalf Of Dawes, Stephen
Sent: 04 October 2001 19:49
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: RE: Comment

OK ALREADY:

Is this the way that we treat new users?

I have noticed a few new names on the list over the last little while, and I
for one wouldn't want them to think that we are an unfriendly or know it all
bunch of ........!

Yes, it is important to read the answers to the questions that are posed.
Yes, it is important to let people know where to find things.
Yes, it is useful when we share hints on how to get started.
Yes, it is important to make suggestions based on our knowledge or
experience(s).
Yes, we all share our thoughts and ideas on a voluntarily bases.

These are just a few things that I have always thought has made this list
great, and that this group is made up of a great bunch of people.

People like Kirk R., Bill A., Frank C., Gene C., Keith W., to mention a few,
have been fantastic with their assistance and sharing of knowledge /
information.

I was once a newbie, and still think that I know very little when it comes
to Linux.
So I would like to say thank you for all the help and suggestions that I
have received to date, and that I hope that it continues!

Before I forget!  Welcome to the list Michael, and I hope that you are able
to get a Linux machine up and running that will meet your needs!

Steve Dawes
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527.
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca