serial port output

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Oct 4 16:33:12 EDT 2001

If this were possible, we would not have had the problems we as a
community have had with Windows installations. The only thing I know of
which even comes close is that it is possible to install Windows from a
script, much like a linux kickstart script. But, if one is to try that,
one had best have all the answers in the correct order and correctly
specified. This is not an easy task--though people have done it. I believe
there is a script somewhere on the Win CDR, but I don't recall what it's
called.

If you have to do this frequently, you might want to try a different
strategy:

Create an image of a Windows installation without a nic and without video
specifications--no networking and SVGA, in other words.

Then, write this Windows into an image file with dd.

Thereafter, everytime you need to start a new Windows installation, start
from the dd file.

PS: Of course this requires you get a Win screen reader that doesn't care
about video cards. There are a couple of such choices.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp