Anti Virus Software for Linux:

Georgina gena at gena-j.net
Thu Oct 4 10:12:04 EDT 2001

RE: Anti Virus Software for Linux:Hi

Sorry I haven't been following this thread but I was using in Windows AVP
which integrates itself into mail clients and prevents detected viruses from
reaching the hard drive.  They do provide some linux tools but I don't know
exactly what they offer.  They've under gone many changes including the
programs name.  You can check it out at:

http://www.centralcommand.com

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
LinAVX ( Linux AntiVirus eXpert )
Copyright (c) 2000 SOFTWIN

Thank you for taking time to try LinAVX.

CONTENTS
--------

1.   New features in LinAVX 2
2.   Installation procedure
3.   Console mode
3.1  Console mode line options
4.   Configuration file format
5.   Important stuff
6.   On the Web

1. Featuring in LinAVX 2:
-----------------------

- scan in zip , gz , cab , hlp , elf files.
- improved X-Window interface

2. Installation:
----------------
Run the `./install' script from this directory. It will create the
 - $HOME/.linavx
 - $HOME/.linavx/plugins
 - $HOME/.linavx/suspected
 - $HOME/.linavx/infected
directories in your home directory and will copy the plugin into plugin
directory
If you want LinAVX to use the ini file , copy the ini file generated by
`./install' script
in the same directory with the `linavx' extecutable.

3.  Console version:
--------------------
- the console interface is selected automatically in the console mode
- to force the console interface use "linavx --console-interface"
- to see the help, use "linavx --help"
- if the scanning process takes too long you can always press CTRL-C to stop
it

4. Console line options:
------------------------

Usage: linavx [OPTIONS] FILES DIRECTORIES FILE-MASK

Scans the FILES, the DIRECTORIES using the FILE-MASK

 -f, --file FILE   adds FILE to scan
 -F FILE                                FILE contains files to be scanned
 -d, --directory DIRECTORY  adds DIRECTORY to scan
 -D FILE                                FILE contains directories to be
scanned
 -p, --plugin PLUGIN-FILE  adds PLUGIN-FILE to scan or archive plugins
 -P FILE    FILE cantains plugins to be used in scan
 -g, --plugin-path DIRECTORY  search for plugins in DIRECTORY
 -G FILE    FILE cantains paths for searching plugins
 -m, --file-mask FILE-MASK  add FILE-MASK to scan file-masks
 -M FILE                                FILE contains masks used to match
files
 -v, --in-archive                       search in archives
 -r, --recursive   recursive scanning
 -h, --heuristic    heuristic scanning
 -y, --file-type NO                     specifies the type of the searched
files
                                           NO can be:
                                                0 -- All files
                                                1 -- Executable files
                                                2 -- Smart( using the plugin
mask)
 -k, --case-sensitive-mask              specifies that the masks should be
applied
                                        in a case-sensitive manner to file
names
 -i, --move-infected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that infected files
                                        should be moved to quarantine
 -l, --link-infected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that infected files
                                        should be linked to quarantine
 -o, --copy-infected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that infected files
                                        should be copied to quarantine
 -t, --infected_default_action NO       specifies what is the default action
                                        in case of infection
                                           NO can be:
                                                0 -- Raport only
                                                1 -- Disinfect
                                                3 -- Rename
 -e, --prompt-infected                  prompts the use in case of infection
 -s, --move-suspected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that suspected files
                                        should be moved to quarantine
 -L, --link-infected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that infected files
                                        should be linked to quarantine
 -O, --copy-infected QUARANTINE-NAME specifies that infected files
                                        should be copied to quarantine
 -T, --suspected_default_action NO      specifies what is the default action
                                        in case of infection
                                           NO can be:
                                                0 -- Raport only
                                                1 -- Disinfect
                                                3 -- Rename
 -E, --prompt-suspected                 prompts the use in case of infection
 -r, --raport-file FILE   the new raport file is FILE
 -c, --config-file FILE   sets new config file , relative to $HOME
 -a, --append-raport   appends to an existing raport
 -?, --help    displays this help and exits

4. CONFIGURATION FILE
----------------------

LinAVX can perfectly be tuned up by using a configuration file. This file
must obey the following format:

# This is necessary for validating the configuration file
[ProfileSection]
ProfileMagic =
LinAVX -Muhjk8hll98i34op2-jklMBKBVG-Linux-kjll45sdg-AVX-823jklnZMN

# This section will contain directories you would like to be searched
# The format is Path0 = dir1...PathN = dirN
# Attention: The space between Path0 and = is very important
[Directory]
Path0 = /tmp/

# This section will contain files you would liked to be scanned
# Format is File0 = file1...FileN = fileN
[FilesSection]

[ScanOptions]
# Scan in archives
Archive = 1
UserEdit = 0
# File mask for files
# You can have several FileMask : FileMask0 = filemask0...FileMaskN =
filemaskn
FileMask0 = *
# This is 1 if the filemask is applied in a case-sensitive way
CaseSensitiveMask = 0
FileType = 0
# If the scan is heuristic
Heuristic = 0
# If the scan is performed also inn subdirectories
Recursive = 1

[ActionSettings]
# The quarantine directory
# this ussually created at installation time
SuspectedQuarantine = /home/userx/.linavx/suspected
# This is 1 if you want to copy the suspected file into suspected quarantine
CopySuspected = 0
# Automatically do somthing with the suspected file in case it is found one
# Format 0-Raport Only
  1-
  2-
  3-
SuspectedAutomatic = 0
# This is 1 if you want to be prompted when a suspicious file is found
PromptSuspected = 0

InfectedQuarantine = /home/userx/.linavx/infected
CopyInfected = 0
InfectedAutomatic = 0
PromptInfected = 0

[RaportSection]
# What to include into the raport
IncludeUseless = 1
# Include the stattistics
IncludeStatistics = 1
# Include the suspicious files
IncludeSuspected = 1
# Include the infected files
IncludeInfected = 1
# This is 1 if you want to append to an existing raport
Append = 0
# The filename of the raport
RaportName = /home/userx/.linavx/raport.linavx
# This is 1 if you want to have a raport
HaveRaport = 1

[Plugins]
# Plugins you would like to be loaded
# Format Plugin0 = pluginname0 ... PluginN = pluginnameN

[PluginsPaths]
# Directories you would like to be searched for founding plugins
# Format PluginPath0 = pluginpath0 ... PluginpathN = pluginpathN
PluginPath0 = /home/userx/.linavx/plugins

IMPORTANT
---------

Despite of our efforts to produce a quality and bug-free software, there
always
exist a possibity of error appearance . If this shows up, we would like to
hear about it. Please send to us any information that may lead us to
replicate
the bug(ex. the core dump, the file on which LinAVX has crashed).
Also if you would like to see some new features in the next releases of
LinAVX
let you know about them and we would gladely try to introduce them.

CONTACT
-------

Central Command, Inc.
Medina, Ohio