Anti Virus Software for Linux:

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Thu Oct 4 09:37:54 EDT 2001

The initial question from Tommy was more directed towards anti virus
tools that could check incoming mail before it hit the windows client.
If I understood Tommy's question correctly, he is looking for a utility
that will run on Linux, and work with sendmail.  From which, the windows
machine(s) would then connect to the Linux server to get the mail
instead of going to the outside, ISP, to get the mail.  The Linux server
would then do the anti virus checking of incoming traffic before it hit
the windows box.  Now, before we run off half cocked, I would also like
to say that I believe that it would still be important to continue using
anti virus software for windows.  In my opinion, I see this as another
line of defence for those of us who have windows box(es) connected to
our Linux network(s).

Sorry that I didn't point this out in my initial message.  But I am glad
that there is some interest in this subject.

Thoughts and opinions welcome!

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527.
FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca