User Interface Issues

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Oct 4 00:15:25 EDT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Steve Holmes wrote:
> ... As this thing evolves, I wouldn't mind seeing
> what could be done to "hook it up" to financial institutions like they do
> with Quicken and Money. They probably use a licensed protocle that would
> require a fee or something but that would be a long ways from what I'm
> starting with. ....

Actually, the latest trend in online banking is that the client no longer
connects to the bank. Instead, you chose to have the bank package the data
into a file that can then be imported into your program. I won't try to be
an armchair lawyer commenting about the legality of reverse engineering
the file structure. But if you wanted this type of thing, that seems like
the way to go. In fact, it might be interesting if you could work with the
files from say Quicken.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush