User Interface Issues

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 3 10:45:29 EDT 2001

I'm a strong believer that all one's personal financial data should be
housed on his/her local machine. Hence a fat client to do all the
manipulation to the data. As this thing evolves, I wouldn't mind seeing
what could be done to "hook it up" to financial institutions like they do
with Quicken and Money. They probably use a licensed protocle that would
require a fee or something but that would be a long ways from what I'm
starting with. But if this thing were really gonna take off, that sure
would be worth looking into. I have always felt that communication between
software applications and other "servers" should always be open and
public! I typically hate proprietary interfaces and protocoles.