setting Linux Permissions

djc djc2 at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 3 23:39:01 EDT 2001

Hello. I'm running RedHat7.1 and I created a user account. I'd appreciate
it if someone can Please help me to set the permissions for the account. I
need such permissions as Pine, micq, irc and so forth. If I take the
account and log in through say su that works but shows it as root. It's my
own work station here and I'm the only person using it but I want to be
seen as djc and not root. If I'm in the djc account for instance and I go
to fetchmail it says I must be owner or something like that. I'd like to
set a global permission if possible so any suggestions welcome Please and
thanks.

		     Msn or mailto:djc2 at pacbell.net

     I C Q Number is: 4781694