SPEAKUP.I

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Tue Oct 2 22:47:09 EDT 2001

Hi Mo:

I just included the config.gz as used from Slackware's bare.i
kernel.  Since you have to get Speakup and patch it into the kernel source,
it won't hurt to answer the questions about Speakup.  When I compiled it, I
installed support for all synths and chose no default synth, so you need to
pass this information to the kernel at boot time.  However, someone
compiling a new kernel will probably want to only use support for their
synth and make it the default.  Also, once you answer the questions once,
your answers are added to the .config file.

Hope this helps.