strange question

Whitley GS11 Cecil H WhitleyCH at cherrypoint.usmc.mil
Mon Oct 1 15:30:22 EDT 2001

Hi,
I just joined the list today.  In reviewing the last month I noticed this
thread.  I use open ssh that comes with the cygwin distribution.  It works
well for me.  I am running nt 4.0 with jaws.
On the unix/linux side I maintain five solaris 2.6 boxes and one rh 7.1 box
running squid.  It will soon be two, and maybe even a third as m.s. proxy
goes in the dustbin.  I have been very interested in speakup, but haven't
installed it yet.  My holdup is determining which machine (desktop or
laptop) and not wantin to o through the pain of re-partitioning.  Since I
run NT on the desktop, i'll have to repartition in order to load it there,
but that avoids the laptop keyboard limitation issues, not to mention
pcmcia.
Why redhat?  That's the flavor that dell supports on their servers when you
call in hardware issues.
The thought of building my own kernel gives me nightmares!  Okay, so that's
a dos-ism.....   I'll get over it.  For ya'll whom are running redhat, is
2.4.3-12 advisable?
Regards,
Cecil