trouble with CVS and a request for votes

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Oct 1 08:17:40 EDT 2001

I would vote for a 1.0 release. Somehow the 0.?? version numbers makes it
sound like it is still very very rough on the edges and not really ready
for prime time. I personally find speakup to be much closer to prime time
than that.

My only concern about these new hooks in the kernel and whether they stay
or not is that uncertainty could impact compatibility of different speakup
versions, would it not? I mean official release vs CVS and what kernel
versions are in use. As long as that is all strait and verry, verry clear,
go for it!

I do strongly feel a new official release to be an excellent idea. That
should make it a lot easier for new comers to jump in with a current
speakup and a recent kernel.