audio utilities to do the following

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Thu Nov 29 19:26:34 EST 2001

Ecasound (http://eca.cx) is a sound-processing tool. However, it's the best thing to do line-in recordings. I've never hit the 1GB mark with recordings, but I've hit the 950MB mark and it showed no sign of slowing down.

> 2.  Trim the blank space at the beginning/end of the file, again with a very
> large file.

I don't know of any tool to do this. I'm looking for one also.

Your best bet here would be LAME (http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/). Its the best MP3 encoder out there, IMHO, though personally I like OGG Vorbis format better and tend to use it over MP3.