Linux and High speed accessability

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Nov 14 08:41:50 EST 2001

Amanda

I am waiting for 802.11a to happen.  There are 2 different 802.11a
standards right now.  One runs at 54mbps and the other at 82 I think.
The most you can get out of each of these technology's in actuality is 23
or 34 mbps.  This seems like it is worth waiting for if you can hold off.
For now you could use the home pny which will only give you 1mbps.  But it
works on your phone line.  I don't really understand how it works.

If you have forced air heat you could run some cat5 through the ducts.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com