Speakup Laptop keymap

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sun Nov 11 01:18:39 EST 2001

Hi folksies,

Well, o' course, I could be the only guy in the whole world with this
particular problem, but my notebook has no num lock, and the fn key
doesn't seem to turn on an embedded numeric keypad. And I haven't
bought an external numeric keypad yet. Therefore, I have put together
a laptop keypad for my own use. It's attached, so if anyone else wants
to play with it, feel free, or if anyone has better key placements,
feel free to let me know that and I'll try them.

Generally, it works like this:

The right-hand alt key is the Speakup commands key. The Speakup keys
are basically put on two sets of keys; the keys normally activated
with the keypad insert are on the right-hand side of the keyboard in
more or less the same pattern as the numeric pad, while the un-insert
keys are on the left side of the keybord, generally in the same
layout.

I say generally because, due to key placement and things, there are
some exceptions. Most notably:

Right alt plus period is the same as the keypad insert plus keypad
period
Right alt plus m is the same as keypad insert plus keypad minus
Right alt plus enter is the same as keypad insert plus keypad enter
right alt plus semicolon is the same as keypadd insert plus keypad
plus
Right alt plus comma is the same as keypad insert plus keypad asterisk
Right alt plus slash is the same as keypad insert plus keypad slash

right alt plus v is the same as keypad minus
Right alt plus c is the same as keypad asterisk
Right alt plus x is the same as keypad slash
Right alt plus v is the same as keypad minus
Right alt plus a is the same as keypad plus
Right alt plus z is the same as keypad period
Right alt plus q is the same as keypad enter

Suggestions welcome, and all that.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | From the pines down to the projects,
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Life pushes up through the cracks.