need help with Debian speak up disk I made

Tommy Moore stp at saitechinc.com
Wed May 30 12:10:20 EDT 2001

hey there Scott. Try this when the disk stops spinning:
linux speakup_synth=dtlk
This is for the doubletalk internal. Also during the installation before
you write the lilo configuration to disk your going to have to go down to
the section that says add kernel boot ooptions or something and type in
the same scring you used to boot the system with out the linux at the
beginning. Don't type append or the quotes around it. Just type:
speakup_synth=dtlk
If you forget this step the system won't come up talking again when you
reboot it so try not to forget it.

Tommy.