Help the Floundering Newbie!

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed May 23 10:30:46 EDT 2001

I agree completely. I have been using speech access since 1978 in one form
or another and find it a very comfortable and convenient medium. I have a
hard time grasping what the problem might be. My only concession to speech
as a medium is that I tend to choose symbolic names in such a way that
they can be pronounced!!!
Chuck

 On 23 May 2001,
Kirk Reiser wrote:

> I have to insert here that I don't understand what the trouble is with
> using speech.  I have been developing and modifying code for many many
> years and have no problem using synthetic speech.  I don't even tend
> to use all punctuation when looking through code.  Code is code and
> the structure and rules of each language dictate what one should
> expect while looking through the program.  I have had the pleasure of
> using braille displays and braille printers and I only use speech
> these days.  I believe those who think it will be difficult either
> make it difficult by their own concepts or have never done much
> coding.  I and many other coders use speech totally for our coding and
> have no difficulties what-so-ever.
>
>   Kirk

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The Moon is New