Help the Floundering Newbie!

Victor Tsaran tsar at sylaba.poznan.pl
Wed May 23 09:59:29 EDT 2001

Hi, Rich!
I think you are right about difficulties of writing the code with speech,
but reading is even more difficult, agree.
I think your best choice would be Emacs with Emacspeak, but as you say, you
will not have access to the physical hardware. In this case, it will
probably be very hard. Unless you can somehow use Windows to access the
shell, I don't see any other alternative to using refreshable Braille
display. I myself would be very happy to get one, but here money is the
biggest issue for me coming from Eastern Europe. The good thing about
Emacs/Emacspeak combination is the availability of speech-enabled modes for
various programming languages such as PERL, C/C++, HTML, Java. There is even
an sql-mysql mode which is very convenient. Can't you somehow get a machine
running Linux with which you could access your organization's network?
Best,
Victor