SLACKWARE 7.1 INSTALLATION

mo.valli at bt.com mo.valli at bt.com
Mon May 14 12:36:21 EDT 2001

Hi,

Please see below for response.

	-----Original Message-----
From: Georgina Joyce [mailto:gena at visson.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: 14 May 2001 17:25
To: speakup
Subject: RE: SLACKWARE 7.1 INSTALLATION

Hi

Ummmmm, is this during installation?
* Yep

Are you using text.gz or color.gz?
* text.gz

Have you identified the correct CD Rom type?
* yep, option 1

Have you told Slackware which device to use i.e. /dev/hdb etc?  Did you get
as far as package selection?
* yep, the drive is /dev/hdb and I did get to the point of package
selection. When I press enter to select all, and then select y to prompt me
for each package installation, the error appears there after.

I recall having a similar problem and had to use another terminal to mount
the CD Rom.  But I can't remember why this was so.

* any suggestions as what to do nex, I feel beaten by this dam computer!!!

Gena
Mo.

http://www.visson.freeserve.co.uk/
 Mobile (Cell) Phone 07951 196268