SLACKWARE BOOT DISKS (fwd)

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Tue May 8 04:42:51 EDT 2001

> What do people find cool or not cool about using color.gz vs text.gz?  I
> know the text.gz image for slack 7.0 was broken somehow but the 7.1 works
> nicely.  What advantages does one get by using color.gz instead?  I've
> installed slack 7.1 using both and find text.gz much faster and more to
> the point.

I personally am a fan of the text.gz.  One problem that I found in general
with the slack rootdisks for 7.1 is they didn't run the getty on the
serial line like there supposed to.  It drove me freekin nuts.  I guess
the color.gz is supposed to have this feature and the text.gz does not.
That seems a bit backwards if you ask me.  But hell it's broken anyway.

Frank