please help, Linux unuseable after component upgrade

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Mon May 7 13:03:37 EDT 2001

Not that this will help now but why did you just not go to ftp.slackware.com and under /pub/slackware/slackware-current/slakware/d1 get the glibc.tgz
package which is the 2.2 version?

I'm not sure off hand how to resolve the problem other than getting a boot / root slackware disk and boot up like you are going to install the system from
scratch.  Mount the root partition and remove what you need to remove to get your system in a working state.  This will avoid you having to compile a kernel
on your own.

Good luck.