SLACKWARE BOOT DISKS

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon May 7 01:45:19 EDT 2001

Hi Joe, I've always wondered what exactly went on a Slackware boot disk.
I was thinking of building a new slackware boot disk when the next distro
version came out.  Figured I could help out if needs be.  I figure it is
probably nothing more than a set of devs, lilo and the kernel.  One thing
I've never come by is the proper configuration for the kernel compile.  Do
you have that info by chance?

I would like to get a set of slackware boots with speakup 10A at least, if
not, a good CVS version.  The way it is now, if one uses the current
slackware version, they have to use speakup 0.09 with 2.2.16 kernel.  I
think a boot with 2.2.19 would be in order though Current slackware prod
is still back with 2.2.16 kernel.