Machine reboots instead of shutting down

Victor Tsaran tsar at sylaba.poznan.pl
Fri May 4 06:52:19 EDT 2001

Hello, listers!
I am almost sure that some of you can easily resolve the following problem
of mine. I recently reassembled my computer after a trip from the USA back
to Europe. Everything works fine, but with my RedHat7.0, when I give kernel
the "halt" or "shutdown" command or "telinit 0", my machine reboots itself
instead of shutting down. Is that possible that I have connected something
wrong? Can RedHat kernel be mistaken and send wrong signals to the hardware?
Mine is Asus P2B motherboard. Has anyone ever experienced similar situation?
Best,
VIctor

have you thought of visiting Cybertsar's Internet Kingdom? It is still
alive!
Here is the URL:
http://kickme.to/vtsaran