SLACKWARE BOOT DISKS

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Fri May 4 04:29:37 EDT 2001

Hi Mo:

Never used winrawrite, so I can't comment on that.  Have you tried using
rawrite.exe (the one that runs in a DOS box)?  I believe that might work,
just a little slower.  Of course, I don't know your setup.  What version of
Windows are you using now and do you have a DOS screen-reader?  If you're
using Windows 98 Second Edition or earlier, you should be able to shutdown
and restart in DOS mode and be able to do the rawrite from a straight DOS
prompt.

Again, I haven't used winrawrite, but, I'll look for it and try it, just in
case.

there is a way you could use a speakup-enabled kernel to boot the color.gz
image directly from hard-drive.  I will look into that, but, it won't be
till this evening at the earliest.  I need to get my Linux box set up
again, anyway.  I am getting tired of using Eudora (even though it's not a
bad client, I prefer Pine under Linux).  I really need 2 systems or a
bigger hard-drive.

Let us know a little more about your setup and we'll try to help all we
can.  I'm glad to hear you got the synth talking--that's usually (although
not always) the hardest part.

Cheers.