errors patching kernel with speakup

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Fri Mar 23 18:33:22 EST 2001

Hi all,

Since the discovery last week that Linux supports the hpt366 controler, I
decided to revamp my system to set it up like I wanted to from the start.
Since this would require me to freshly reinstall Linux (which is something I
want to do), I decided I might as well upgrade to kernel 2.4.2. So, I
uncompressed a fresh copy of the 2.4.2 source, and a fresh copy of speakup
0.10a. When I tried patching the kernel, I got errors. The attached tar
archive contains 'errors.txt' which is the output from the install script,
as well as the .rej files that the script reffered to. If somebody could
please let me know what I should do to correct theese, I would be very
greatfull. Thanks.
Greg