Speakup and Promise card

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Jun 22 03:46:16 EDT 2001

Hi John

You can certainly use the promise cards.  To install using one you may
need some tricks.  I believe that the Debian udma66 images have pdc
support in them.  It should be straight forward once you get the kernel to
see the pdc.  If you have crazy problems with any of it just give me a
call and I can help you with it.  As far as the sounding board goes if
they release the spechs then Kirk would be happy to write a driver.  That
goes for all the synths you can think of.  And hopefully once the
modularization gets happening then we will see the dectalk pc and a few of
the other synths that need code uploaded to them before they can work
added to the list of supported synths.

snip

--
     Frank Carmickle