Speakup and Promise card

John Gunn gunn at tznet.com
Thu Jun 21 22:00:34 EDT 2001

Hello All:

I am new to the list and have been monitoring for a couple of days and looks
pretty good.

A couple of questions, I am wondering and I am very new to this Linux thing
<g>, can I install using a promise card?  Which is a ide/pcia adapter card?
The reason for the card is my Abit won't support aultra 66 with the western
digital and any thoughts on supporting Sounding Board?  I have received
messages both from Kirk and Joe Norton about GW Micro not giving out the
source codes for the sounding board which is kind of unfortunate but just
thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any and all help.