a few questions

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Wed Jun 20 01:24:00 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I have a few questions, so here goes.
1.  I know how to check the date and time, but how do I change them in Linux?
2.  If Linux is the only OS on a box, and the hardware clock is set to local time, will Linux automatically adjust it twice a year when appropriate? Will this be done by default, or do I need to change something in order to make it happen?
3.  I will be installing Linux on a sighted friend's PC.  He has a 25 Gb hard disk entirely filled by a FAT 32 partition.  What utility can I use to split this partition to make room for Linux, and where can I get it from?
Thanks of course in advance for any help.
Greg