Speakup-enabled kernels

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Tue Jun 19 09:42:23 EDT 2001

I can speak from a slackware point of view; you can start with a speakup
enabled bootdisk from the speakup site.  I don't know what version this is
right now.  From the slackware site under the slackware-current/bootdsks.144
you can find speakup.i and speakup.s which are boot disks for IDE and SCSI
devices respectively.  You then get the standard root disk, color.gz from
slackware-current/rootdsks.

This is the upcoming version 7.2 of slackware but is not yet stabilized.
See ChangeLog.txt in the slackware-current directory for the up to the
minute news.  It looks like 7.2 could be out in the next few weeks; they are
trying to nail things down but I still see some changes getting shoe horned
in.