Speakup-enabled kernels

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at worldfront.com
Mon Jun 18 13:33:05 EDT 2001

Ok, I'm a bit confused, and I appologize for not having followed this
thread better but I thought I knew what to do.  I downloaded the 2.4.5
kernel and started working on it.  I tried to use my .checkout file to
patch from the speakup cvs but was told there was no speakup module--I
thought this was still available so hadn't really worried about this
discussion.  Is speakup already built into the kernels or do I have to
have a specially-enabled kernel?  If this is in the kernel, with which
version did this start?  Is there a list somewhere of the synth commands
to use with
the append statement in lilo--I do remember that part of the discussion?
I'm just upgrading my kernel from 2.2.19, not trying to install a new
distribution.    Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I don't see
anything about this on the speakup site.  I'm using debian and have just
upgraded from potato to woody.

                              Cheryl