Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Mon Jun 18 12:56:03 EDT 2001

Hi all,

<smile>  Naw, you don't *have* to have Vocal-Eyes, I use ASAP and it
works fine.  What you do need is a good DOS screen reader.  Jaws is
free now, so is Flipper.  Dunnow about ASAP.

One caveat I always give to poor newbies who tell me that they've got
some so-called technical expert for the blind to install their Windows
systems, if the person installing Windows tells you that they are
going to remove your DOS screen reader, kill them on the spot!  Do not
pass go, do not collect $200.  If they say they will leave it alone
before the knife falls, fine.  If they refuse, continue and get
another techie.

Making a DOS user go to Windows cold turkey is cruel and inhuman
treatment.  Better yet, go to Gnu/Linux.

<grinning>
Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons