FAQ gally proof

Yvonne Smith yvonne at thewatch.net
Sun Jun 17 18:59:42 EDT 2001

Hi Anne.

I'm a newby on this list, and I still use emacspeak, mostly because I
didn't have a decent external speech synthe  for several onths since
it broke and I couldnd't afford to replace it. As soon as I've got
some spare time, now that I've got the blasted thing back, I probably
will give speakup a shot.

The thing I wanted to say was that with telnet or ssh you don't *need*
to use eterm. Shell mode is more than adequate unless you're trying to
use a full screen application. If you're merely trying to log on to a
shell account on another machine, just run telnet or ssh in shell
mode. Or better still, get a copy of ftelnet.el and/or ssh.el, which
are standalone clients based on comint mode and speak perfectly well.

Sorry for the off-topic post, all.