FAQ gally proof

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Sun Jun 17 18:48:15 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Ha, Victor, if you think that eterm is *anything* that a newbie wants
to get into, you're sadly mistaken!  I beg to differ most vehimently
about this.  I've been using emacspeak for about two years now, I have
tried numerous times to get eterm to work, I've asked for help, when
doing that, which is *never* forthcoming onthe emacspeak list, unlike
this list, and I still can't get it to work.  I can get the FTP client
to work, yes, but it doesn't give the range and useful info that
Speakup does.  As for Telnet, you can forget it, unless you can tell
me how to sort out when to use each of those two stupid options in
eterm  and how to switch between 'em.  No, Victor, sorry.  I'm not
going to change that sentence, not unless you can show me that
emacspeak works cleanly and efficiently in terminal mode.  I don't
mean a work-around, I mean something that gives me the ease and
simplicity of Speakup.  <grinning>  Talk about needing to be a "Matt
Campbell", you have to be one of those, and the mold was broken when
He created our Matt, so it's a no-go.  It's the only thing Emacspeak
doesn't do well at all.

Ann P.
 and
--