Bruce Noblick bnoblick at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jun 15 21:39:19 EDT 2001

Hi!

I am not altogether sure but I think you can make sure that I E downloads in
binary mode for many files.  It attempts to determine the mode by the file's
extension but you should be able to force it to do what you want.

I will explain how it behaves for me.  First, I get the download file
screen.  I am asked if I want to open the file from its current location or
save it to disk.  Then I get the save as screen.  There is a choice on that
screen.  One of the choices is "all files".  I think that if you select that
for the save as type, you can override the default choice and assure
yourself of a binary download.

If you do not see both screens, it may be that you have some options set
differently in internet explorer.  I would be happy to compare settings so
we might be able to figure out exactly what settings get internet explorer
(or as my wife calls it, Internet exploder) to work well for this task --
smile.

Enjoy!
Bruce