Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Fri Jun 15 07:34:22 EDT 2001

The only time you need to switch to binary is if you're using
an ftp client such as ftp under linux, or ftp.exe under windows.
In that case, all you need to do is to type
"binary" before starting the file transfer.
If you're using a web browser, you don't need to do anything,
since in most cases, the browser knows a binary file when it sees one.
Greg